Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Redd Kross - Any Hour Every Day

You have GOT to love Redd Kross. They evolved from pre-teen LA punk stars during the 1980s into a full fledged Power Pop force during the 1990s. Albums from Redd Kross have been few-and-far-between however, and much of their best stuff has come out as singles and compilation tracks . For the power pop collecter, I recommend all the 1990s albums - from Third Eye on. Essential stuff!

I've collected most of their fine singles and compilation tracks here: 

1 Any Hour Every Day
2 Switchblade Sister
3 So Cal V8
4 Fancy
5 What's Wrong With Me?
6 Dancing Queen
7 Popular Cult
8 Tico and Yolanda
9 Yesterday Once More
10 Misery is Mother
11 Byrds and Fleas
12 Girls Can Tell
13 The Insatiable Kind
14 Star Lust
15 How Much More
16 Trance
17 It's In The Sky
18 What Cha Doin to That Girl?
19 I'll Meet You Half Way
20 Sick Love
21 It Won't Be Long
22 Hard Luck Woman
23 Sister Teresa's Biography
24 I Was Born to Love You
25 Marry Christmas
26 Super Sunny Christmas


Enjoy and let me know if I've missed anything. I hear they are working on a new album (don't get too excited. They've been promising that for years.) Can't wait....

9 comments:

Nazz Nomad said...

thanks for this-
saw rk last year in ny... still great and they did a great overview of their entire career (from cover band thru the show world stuff)

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I've been after some of these for quite a while.
I used to have a single with RK doing a bitchin' version of Fleetwood Mac's 'Rhiannon'.Think it came with a magazine.
Oh, think you missed out 'Disco Bitch' and 'Standing In Front of Poseur'.You can get the latter here: http://nativebride.blogspot.com/search/label/Redd%20Kross
(all 55 secs of it;-)
Thanks again for these.
Anton

MIDNIGHT RAMBLER said...

Yeaaah !
thanks a lot for this !!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great post - thanks for this!

Anonymous said...

Wow!
Now this is a blog i can use.
Great work.
Thanks!

Todd (bass)
Chris Richards + the Subtractions

Rock 'n' Roll Steve said...

Other than the previously mentioned trax the only thing that I can think of that is missing is "Smith Family #1". It was recorded during the "Third Eye" sessions and was released on a flexi disc that was included with an issue of ReFlex magazine. It also may have been a bonus track on pressings of "Third Eye" from Japan. Maybe. I know it wasn't on any of the U.S. pressings as I've had it in all formats...I even have it on vinyl. I think I still have the flexi somewhere so when I make it back home (I work on the road) I'll rip it for you. Anyway...

It's still a GREAT of songs you've put together. Thanks a million.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome collection! Thank you so much for this. I used to collect the random 45's and ep's. Too bad this band isn't that active, I saw them a year ago and they were awesome.

guy said...

Great stuff. Just watched "Spirit of 76" w/ Jeff and Steve and now my wife is an RK convert.

caveman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.